Shelter in Place = Stay indoors
If you are told to shelter in place you need to stay inside and put a barrier between you and the potentially contaminated air outside. (DRAFT ONLY NOT APPROVED CONTENT)
- Bring your family and pets inside immediately.
- Close doors, windows, air vents and fireplace dampers.
- Turn off fans, air conditioners and forced air heating systems.
- Go into a room in the middle of your house with few windows if possible.
- Seal all windows, doors and air vents with plastic sheeting and duct tape. If you don't have plastic sheeting, use what ever you have on hand - wet towels and put along the bottom of the doors... etc.
- Listen to the radio for further instructions.