- Starting Monday, September 4 evacuee lunch and supper meals are moving to the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre (11633 100 St, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 3Y4).
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Supper: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Grande Prairie Friendship Centre continues to provide breakfast, lunch and supper daily.
- Breakfast: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Lunch: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Supper: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. (5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Northwest Territories re-entry plan has been shared by the City of Yellowknife.
- The Grande Prairie Reception Centre for Northwest Territories Evacuees has concluded in-person service beginning today, September 2, 2023.
- At this time, accommodation support remains at capacity. Evacuees seeking other support can still register by calling the Reception Call Centre.
- Reception Call Centre Phone: 780-876-4910
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Sunday
Additional Evacuee Information
- Alberta reception and registration centre locations for evacuees: Northwest Territories wildfire evacuation | Alberta.ca
- GPREP is actively extending all rooms prior to check-out dates. If there are any changes to lodging, we will notify evacuees.
- NWT residents and evacuees can call 811 in the territory and 1-844-259-1793 out of territory to ask questions about evacuation.
- Alberta’s Wildfire Information Center is stood up to support NWT Evacuees coming to Alberta with information and assistance. For assistance and to access supports call:
- 310-4455 in Alberta (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily)
- 1-877-770-4636 from outside Alberta (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily)
Updates are provided daily at www.gprep.ca/nwt-evacuees/.
Media enquires may be directed to:
GPREP Information Officer