- Pre-registration Remains Open for South Slave Flights Home
- Pre-registration for re-entry flights was initially set to close at 8:00 p.m. today, Thursday, September 14, for all evacuees from Hay River, Kʼatlodeeche First Nation and Fort Smith. The NWT Government has extended the pre-registration deadline to 8:00 p.m. tomorrow, Friday, September 15.
- See information at https://www.gov.nt.ca/en/public-safety/re-entry-flights-hay-river-katlodeeche-first-nation-and-fort-smith
- Hay River Community Re-entry Plan
- The Town of Hay River has released its re-entry plan, including resources for re-entry. The return date and time is still unknown at this time.
- See information at https://hayriver.com/2023-reentry/
- Community Social Services
- GPREP is not responsible for community social services or emergencies, please reach out to 911 for emergencies or call the non-emergency line at 780-830-5700 to report any concerns.
- GPREP’s role is to provide basic emergency support of lodging and food for evacuees, we are also currently providing transit and recreation services.
- GPREP is not accepting any new evacuees at this time and cannot accommodate any new evacuees, those travelling through Grande Prairie on their way to the Northwest Territories, and people who have been accommodated at another location and have chosen to come to Grande Prairie.
- Changes to Hotel Transfers
- As of September 7, hotel transfers can no longer be accommodated due to limited resources. Evacuees may be asked to transfer rooms if GPREP has a planned room move due to availability.
- The Government of the Northwest Territories has released information for evacuees from Yellowknife returning by air and road. See the most recent updates from the Government of Northwest Territories website here: https://www.gov.nt.ca/en/public-safety/latest-updates
Additional Evacuee Information
- New Hours for Reception Centre Phone Line
- As of Monday, September 11, the reception centre phone line is operating from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Alberta reception and registration centre locations for evacuees: Northwest Territories wildfire evacuation | Alberta.ca
- GPREP is actively extending all rooms prior to check-out dates. If there are any changes to lodging, we will notify evacuees.
- NWT residents and evacuees can call 811 in the territory and 1-844-259-1793 out of territory to ask questions about evacuation.
- Alberta’s Wildfire Information Center is stood up to support NWT Evacuees coming to Alberta with information and assistance. For assistance and to access supports call:
- 310-4455 in Alberta (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily)
- 1-877-770-4636 from outside Alberta (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily)
Updates are provided daily at www.gprep.ca/nwt-evacuees/.
Media enquires may be directed to:
GPREP Information Officer