The public is notified of an emergency or disaster in a number of ways, such as:
- Through local news/media reporting on TV or Radio
- Municipal web and social media sites
- Alerts by cell phones or apps:
- Alert Ready – This warning system will help you stay informed and safe during an emergency or disaster. Alert Ready sends critical alerts through TV, cable, satellite and radio but also through most cellular phones. Visit alertready.ca for more information.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts are issued to warn people about potential risks to their health and safety. The Alberta Emergency Alert app is available for both Apple and Android phones and tablets. Visit emergencyalert.alberta.ca for more information.