Playgrounds in GPREP Municipalities to Open June 1
The Grande Prairie Regional Emergency Partnership (GPREP) is lifting the regional closure of playgrounds on June 1.
Playground users must always comply with current provincial gathering restrictions and maintain a 2-meter distance between individuals from different homes.
Residents accessing playgrounds are reminded to:
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms
- Wear a mask in public places where maintaining 2-meters distance is not possible
- Carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content
- Remind children not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Consider using playgrounds close to home
- Be cautious when using playground equipment and sanitize common touch points
- Use surrounding green space if playground equipment is occupied
Playground structures will not be sanitized by municipalities. It is the responsibility of individual residents to assess the exposure risk a playground poses, and residents are recommended to use proper hand hygiene, physical distancing, and sanitation practices.
Residents are encouraged to review the Provincial Guidance for Playgrounds prior to visiting their favorite playground. Signage will also be posted at playgrounds within the partnering municipalities to ensure people are aware of the guidelines.
GPREP’s primary goal is the health and safety of residents as it continues to monitor COVID-19 cases in the region. If risks such as not following physical distancing rules or an increase in COVID-19 cases occurs, playgrounds may be closed again to prevent the spread of COVID-19.